The Voice 2019 finalist results will be revealed tonight. Who made it to the Top 4? Who got eliminated? Follow along with our live blog to find out which singers will move on to the season finale, here.
The Voice Season 16 Top 8 eliminations night is here. Tonight, we’ll find out which singers are in trouble, and which have already made it to the Top 4. If you are just tuning in, The Voice 2019, Top 8 eliminations kick off Tuesday, May 14 at 9 p.m. EDT. The episode will run for one hour. Viewers will enjoy team performances, after which one or two “safe” contestants will be named. Once the top three from Monday night have been announced and the bottom two eliminated, the middle three will perform again in hopes of securing the Instant Save from Twitter voters. Results will be tallied during the show, and one Instant Save finalist will be announced just before the show comes to a close. At that time, viewers will bid goodbye to the singers going home.
We’ll be updating this post live, with the names of finalists who were saved by the audience Monday night, as well as the Instant Save finalist from Tuesday evening. In the meantime, you can check out the songs performed by the Top 8 Monday evening, as well as our predictions for who will make it to the Top 4 Finale show, here.
The Voice 2019 Top 4 Results: Who Was Saved and Who Went Home?
The Top 4 Artists moving forward tonight are as follows:
- Maelyn Jarmon (Team Legend) – Saved by America’s vote – most streamed artist on iTunes
- Gyth Rigdon (Team Blake) – Saved by America’s vote
- Dexter Roberts (Team Blake) – Saved by America’s vote
- Andrew Sevener (Team Blake) – Twitter Instant Save
Eliminated artists are as follows:
- Shawn Sounds (Team Legend)
- Rod Stokes (Team Kelly)
- Carter Lloyd Horne (Team Blake) – Bottom two
- Kim Cherry (Team Blake) – Bottom two
A complete live-blogged recap of tonight’s show can be found below.
- 9:00 p.m. – The show kicks off with coach Blake Shelton performing his new song, “God’s Country.”
- 9:05 p.m. – The Top 8 take the stage. Carson announces that Maelyn Jarmon was the most streamed artist on iTunes last night, earning her the Apple Music Bonus.
- 9:07 p.m. – Carson reveals the first artist saved by America’s votes last evening:
- Top 4 Finalist #1: Maelyn Jarmon (Team Legend) – she is safe.
- 9:10 p.m. – We get a quick update on Kris Branch — the singer he worked with in the Mastercard commercial. We see a short piece of her performance during the show.
- 9:13 p.m. – Carson announces the second singer saved by America’s votes:
- Top 4 Finalist #2: Dexter Roberts (Team Blake) – he is safe.
- 9:15 p.m. – After the commercial break, Carson lets the audiences know both the Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift will perform on next week’s finale show.
- 9:19 p.m. – Kelly Clarkson and Rod Stokes take the stage to perform “Chances Are” by Martina McBride and Bob Seger
- 9:23 p.m – After the performance, Carson announces the next artist saved by America’s votes:
- Top 4 Finalist #3: Gyth Rigdon (Team Blake) – he is safe.
- 9:30 p.m. – Season 9 finalist, Emily Ann Roberts takes the stage, performing her new single, “Someday Dream.”
- 9:33 p.m. – Carson announces the three artists who will perform for a chance at the final spot in the finale:
- Shawn Sounds (Team Legend) – performing for Instant Save
- Rod Stokes (Team Kelly) – performing for Instant Save.
- Andrew Sevener (Team Blake) – performing for Instant Save.
- 9:35 p.m. – The following two artists were eliminated and are heading home this evening:
- Kim Cherry (Team Blake) – eliminated
- Carter Lloyd Horne (Team Blake) – eliminated
- 9:42 p.m. – Andrew Sevener takes the stage. He performs Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Simple Man.” Blake calls it Andrew’s most connected performance of the season.
- 9:44 p.m. – Up next is Rod Stokes, performing “Brother” by Gavin DeGraw. This performance had some tricky moments with timing. We think Rod could be headed home. Kelly gets a little choked up at the end as she thanks Rod for singing with her this evening. “Your voice is so classic. It just dominates whatever you sing,” said Kelly.
- 9:48 p.m. – The last performance is by Shawn Sounds performing “That’s What I Like,” by Bruno Mars. John is out of his chair dancing throughout the performance. “America, you saw what he gave you tonight … please save Shawn,” said John.
- 9:51 p.m. – The Voice Instant Save window is now open. #VoiceSaveAndrew, #VoiceSaveRod, and #VoiceSaveShawn are the hashtags to use to vote for your favorite performer on Twitter. The window closes in five minutes, so tweet soon!
- 10:00 p.m. – The results are in. The fourth Finalist to make the Top 4 is Andrew Sevener (Team Blake)
When Does The Voice Air Next?
The Voice will return Monday, May 21 at 8 p.m. EDT on NBC, where the Top 4 will perform in the season finale. Be sure to tune in then to see your favorite singers perform and find out who will win The Voice Season 16.
.node-type-article .article-body > p:last-of-type::after, .node-type-slideshow .article-body > p:last-of-type::aftercontent:none
Show Comments (0)